trying to be thoughtful but southall is far

i pride myself on being a good friend to people, yet as my flatmate's birthday approaches i'm plenty clueless about gift. she kind of went all out for mine and got me a big present, several little presents and a medium present the next day. so.. i can't be my usual callous self about presents.
everything i've thought of so far is actually stuff that I like. One can argue that these are things we've talked about often, which is why they've stuck in my mind - such as Harry Potter related items; i worship the series and she works on the films.
The other thing that occurred to me was Amaretto glasses or other drinking accessories. This occurred to me after my other and much more thoughtful flatmate had a brainwave and decided to give her a huge Amaretto bottle. Amy loves Amaretto you see. Actually the other flatmate was the one who reminded me that i'd have to buy a gift, that too this week. Other flatmate has vetoed Amaretto glasses idea though, as gift ideas should be unique. Drat....
Amy is very picky too, so i don't think make up or 'products' will go down very well. I could be extra nerdy and get her sheet music because she plays the piano (not very well, as far as i know). but a good gift is one you can really enjoy immediately and simply. something fun. like when priy gave me the friends season 1 dvds.
so i have skanked out, and have decided to play my ethnic card, once more. Amy definitely likes subcontinental artefacts. she will definitely look good in bright reds and greens (being rather fair and pretty-like). A saree per se will be too much trouble, but i see no harm in getting her an authentic looking backless choli, or similar. maybe a lehenga too. depends on cost of course, and availability within zone 1 and 2.
Suggestions welcome.


Comments

Popular Posts