hunger pangs

I want to go to the Borough Market! Right now it must smell of melty cheese, bright fruits, tender meat, soft bread, sticky honey… and lamb brie yummmm. So much culinary delight, just 5 minutes away…awww. But I must stay home today. Not spending any money either, no siree. I’m punishing myself for the drunken and depressed excesses of the last two nights. Today I will eat packet soup and/or drink milk all day.
Also, I must stay home today to gather my strength for the coming blood and thunder week. Competition at grad school is so stupid! We should be over all that at this age. Instead, we (that is to say, they) strive madly to achieve the coolest design or the hottest presentation, every fucking week. When, pray, do I read then? The 50 compulsory texts? There are only 5 nights in a week and if I fall asleep halfway through the first one.. what hope have I? no idea what I’m doing here sometimes, besides reveling in London-ness.
Ooo my head feels swollen. Self-consciously so. Maybe I should do a no-alcohol deal this week? Try the much acclaimed ‘intoxication only by happiness’ thing (ya rite ha ha)? Nahin ho sakta. Daaru apna sabkuch hai….

Comments

Anonymous said…
Coke with salt. Knock it back fast while it fizzes. Don't do anything silly like Give Up Drink.
wendigo said…
thanks.. think i'll try your advice someday soon.

Popular Posts