another one!

Today I feel like doing a Swades - like going back home to India to light a bulb there. however i doubt that Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre will employ me to do a socio-economic assessment of their next project. Will they?
It seems all my core skills, everything I can do, everything I want to do - is contained within the horribly concise phrase of 'Project Value Addition'. I have become Unemployable because the sort of work my heart lies in is no longer the sort of thing the all-pervasive Client is ready to pay for. In a resource constrained world, apparently, no one cares to invest resources in making development work for people in the long run. To be honest, this was never really a top priority for anyone. Now evidently it's OK to openly admit that you don't care for it. (Even if you're the Government).
No no, I haven't been fired (although it really is about time), but a company I've had two interviews with, finally called back with very honeyed regrets. grrrr.
So India. Can someone please kill off all the corrupt politicians and reduce the average temperature of Delhi by 20 degrees Celcius so I can immigrate back?

Comments

Popular Posts