in which the camera is brought out of hibernation

The daddy-trip (now at its fag end) has produced some London and England pictures.


The Horse Guards parade ground before a parade day. This place is on my way from work to.. well. Not really home or anywhere, but i often pass it on post-work walkathons. Lucky me.



A creeper covered war memorial thing stands next to it, on the Mall, and it quite fascinated Pa.


When Spain comes to Regent Street, in another 'festival'. That word is soon becoming a four-letter word for me, much like 'fundraiser'.


Nautical Daddy Bose with the Nautilus at Hay's Galleria. An illustrative permanent installation, not Captain Nemo's actual ship.


A little more west on the South Bank, the Tate seen from Millenium Bridge. Although I like the giant graffiti to match this season's street art exhibit, I hope it peels off. Don't think it has much permanent value.


An alternative perspective on the north bank at London Bridge, seen from a Thames Clipper, clipping by in the high tide.


More north bank tableaux.


After a day spent in the Docklands, including at the museum, my dad says to me 'I think I understand what you've been on about with Regeneration and what not'... All it takes is a day trip!


Shipyard infrastructure with compositional merit, found at Prince of Wales Pier on a hazy day in Dover.



Shipyard architecture this time...


Me



A mess of masts.


Pleasure boats for rich kids, with picturesque seafront beyond.


In this one you can see the Castle atop the White Cliffs of Dover.

The old man seems to have had a fullish 2 weeks here no? There's more pics, but they're in 3 different cameras and not transferred to the computer yet. Oh, these were all taken by Dad's latest toy - a Sony Digital SLR, whose specifications I have no clue of. But it's light, and I like doing the whole viewfinder thing again, even though it leaves nose prints on the lcd screen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like a fun day. Makes me London-sick a bit, but I think I'll get over it soon.
Anonymous said…
service band kyun hai bhai?

Popular Posts