tulsi chicken

i invented a new kind of chicken dish today, basically because i picked up basil in sunflower oil instead of coriander in olive oil at the supermarket. in my defence, they were both green paste in similar sized bottles on the same shelf. i did a simple 5-seeds tadka, and fried onions in it. when onions were brown, i put in liberal amounts of the tulsi paste, garlic granules, pinch of aamchoor and red chilli powder. stirred well, then covered it for a bit. 6 chicken pieces went in next, with a little salt. more stirring later, i covered it and left it on medium flame while i chopped salad leaves and a big red chilli. grated a bit of parmesan and put it in before the salad was stirred in, and then covered the whole thing to simmer for a good while. tasted yum actually, if a tad salty. oil could have been moderated further, as well. this recipe can be used for my dinner party saturday after next, when another bunch of the workmates are coming over. don't think i don't realise that the whole thing has partly been staged so that i can get into Someone's pants, on my own turf this time. what to do, working girl, devious mind.
what i did not buy at the supermarket is more nutella, for which we are grateful.
i had an awesome weekend by the way - went dancing on two separate occasions and received much attention in terms of being hot woman and good dancer. ego is suitably massaged, especially as the old friend / long time schoolgirl crush from college, who was visiting, goggled at me when i took off coat shoat and said - Bose! Look at you!... tee hee.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha ha.. you are such a treat to read. If you are half as pretty as your writing, I am going to have to ask you to allow me to take you out the next time I am in England (whew!)!

./w
wendigo said…
hmm.. half as pretty... sounds about right. hmph! i know a vacant promise when i see one!

:D
Anonymous said…
Hey, I am not promising to take you out. I am only promising to ask you for permission! :P

Amusingly, I was supposed to be in London at this very moment but something came up and I couldn't make it.

./w
wendigo said…
typical. backing out before a beginning. well i was going to promise to consider granting you permission to ask but now i don't see much promise.
:P

Not making london? that's a crime. london is lovely.
Anonymous said…
Ah, you seem to have already look past my apparent charm(?) and seen the ugly monster behind the facade!

Yes, I've been to london. I know it has a poem for me and I need to come find it. Someday, perhaps.

./w
Anonymous said…
Grr.. looked*..

_hate_ typographical errors.

./w

Popular Posts