list as tool to help limp ahead

I made fried eggs for breakfast; watched youtube; was introduced to Eddie Izzard on youtube and consequently laughed many cobwebs away; watched the Oxford Cambridge boat race with good friends and some almost good friends in horrible weather conditions; drank 4 non-alcoholic drinks, ate Korean food, downed 2 headache pills and then 3 alcoholic drinks; spent many cosy hours in my local pub's event room, with the excellent acoustics for live music and the felt wallpaper that feels you back when you feel it; picked a couple of fights; kept jealousy (general jealousy and specific jealousy) at bay for several hours; shed some tears of real or imagined sentiment (which was probably actually sentimentality); sniggered snobbily and chuckled resignedly several times, at life type things; today.

Comments

Zareen said…
What a gorgeous sounding, full, day! I especially like the bit about the wallpaper feeling you back when you feel it. I had a tree like that, in my garden when I was growing up (not that I am done with growing up, not by a long shot).

ps - Thank you for reviving my memories of Edinburgh! I sorely needed to write them down before I forgot them all. I didn't know whether you'd mind if I linked my post on it to your blog?
wendigo said…
not at all! nice blog by the way.. just looked it up now.

Popular Posts