lonDON!

Blowing kisses to your many edifices, i promise to come back, soon enough. i'll miss walking to my own tune, making a pretty picture within the picturesque frames you provide me with. the wealth of opportunity you assure me, everyday, every evening, every night, it's all up to me whether i take them or waste them. i'll miss having only myself to blame. i'll miss the noises and the silences. i'll miss the feeling of being in the core of the core of the core. i'll miss the estrangement from home, which i eat masochistically every once in a while, and i'll be homesick for you, tomorrow.
i'll be looking for you in my other homelands, traces of you, which your (and our) rulers of a time ago may have left in their haste to leave imprints upon lands that they don't stride on anymore, but need visas to enter, hah.
i hope i've left enough imprints of my own upon you. BigbenBen'scookieAngelEmbankmentMarblearchHighburyHollowayRoseberryGray'sinnTateBatterseaPylonsVauxhall
BlackfriarsStpaulShaftesburyGherkinDocklandsWaterloo and oh river river river.... don't change. Remain my own, and drink a pint or a peg in my absence - this one's on me.
Lon-done? No Way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
All the best Wendigo!This too shall pass and the city will draw you back. It may take a while but sometimes when you want something very badly, you just make it happen!So hang in there and find ways and means to get that visa stamped. HSMP/working holiday, try everything.
wendigo said…
thanks sthira!

off on somewhat epic intercontinental journey involving parts of the subcontinent and then southern africa.

Popular Posts