Senti fragment for this week

Some songs still remind me of him. Or more likely of a time when he was important. A mood and a season, when I would steel my mind against him, see him and then go away with others. An evening in south London when he was around and this song didn’t play, but I thought about it. A dress I wore only once and then he tore it, the beast, and the song may have played that evening, but not just then, I’m sure.
Maybe in a year’s time the song will remind me of today, because he isn’t here, but I specifically thought of him. Because by then I won’t think of him everyday. He won’t be my north and my south, and I will have found another direction.

(This is entirely fiction.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
sometimes it's better to choose the quiet content of a blank mind that doesn't comprehend much but simply believes.

Popular Posts