busy buzzy jumble tangle

dad is making a flying visit to london. he's sleeping in my room, but tonight i mercifully have amy's realm to myself. he is sleeping on a full stomach because i cooked my by now signature pork chops tonight. work has been ridiculously busy, with an equal share of soul destroying and heart stopping bits of things - so can't complain really. have suddenly become swept up in the current of a design competition very close to the hearts of many of my 'set', and am now, entirely mentally, struggling hard to prove myself, but also to prevent feeling like i have to prove myself. have finished a book i've been living in for the last few weeks - dodie smith's 'I Capture the Castle' - very very clever and charming in spite of being maudlin. now i feel i can't start on either of my two new ones waiting in my saturday bag to be begun, because that would be like cheating on someone recently dead. you need to maintain a decent interval of book-free time, to soak, or bask or something. wow, even talking about books made my mind slow down and breathe... just there. otherwise feel like i'm on some sort of caffeine rush. cannot stop texting and emailing. perhaps this has brought on the blogging, allah be praised. in trying to be good daughter, good teammate, good employee, and good flatmate, i've kind of ended up with a huge workload for sunday, a canvas shoe hanger that keeps falling off my door, a random craving for nooky, and i think a few kilos extra weight. though my jeans keep making to slide off...
WTF


p.s.: just ended up posting this on the wrong blog, to boot! luckily am such a big narcissist and always go to read it after writing.

Comments

Chicu said…
signature pork chops! recipe please..
wendigo said…
it's really easy. recipe for 2 standard sainsbury sized chops -
preheat oven grill to 195 degree c. in the meantime make marinade - 3 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 tbsp minced onion flakes, 1 tbsp garlic granules, 1 tsp ginger power, mixed herbs shower at will, pinch of chilli flakes if you dare. mix marinade nicely with hands (this is an essentially indian dish) and then apply to chops liberally. once overn is preheated, grill for 16-18 mins, turning once. voila!


word verific - pigroore - seriously!
Chicu said…
thank ye, kind ma'am..

Popular Posts