homesick

i have a killer headache which is probably the result of muggy calcutta weather, some unbelievable overeating at a wedding related lunch and a remaining touch of the bug i had last week. it also has something to do with my mother bugging me by having borderline obsessive compulsive tendencies to everything, my father bugging me by being a ham socialite, the rest of the wedding party bugging me simply by existing. the headache has now made me generally blue, so i've come up with a few melancholic type one liners, especially suited to blog posting:
i'm homesick for a time when being with my parents meant complete security.
i'm homesick for cold climes and easy friendships, and relationships which turn dramatic only about once a year, and you can choose to run far and fast from cloying ones.
i'm homesick for pavements where you can kiss standing up and everyone passes by pretending not to notice, unless they're jealous.
i'm homesick for my life where neurofen meltets are available at the Boots 20 steps away from my door, and they always take my headache away, guaranteed.
i'm homesick for my life, already.
:-)

Comments

Ash said…
Sounds like fifteen all over again. I wouldn't miss it for a dream.
Sorry to intrude, but Calcutta has NOT been muggy this month.
Even if you apply London standards.

Perhaps it was the wedding?

J.A.P.
wendigo said…
it probably was. imagine 50 odd nattering bengali women asking me when i'm getting married.
hey, you're in calcutta. rescue me? i've heard a rumour in the wind.. a place called trinka.. where beer flows, and all sorts of visions come true...
Anonymous said…
You are probably homesick for a ****

Popular Posts