exit strategy

seeing as i cannot help giving so much of myself to the people in my daily life, all of whom are quite underserving of it, i have realised i need to expand my circle. i also need to expand the range of activities that i engage with on a daily basis, as consultanting is not quite filling me up any more. until now the quest was to last a year in a job and to get good at it, and now that that has happened (more or less for the latter point), i feel a bit of a vacuum.
some bits of the picture have to stay - the riverside walking, the english breakfasting, the book market buying, the reading in parks, the edinburgh tripping. but these are not enough. i need more substance. an opportunity to make a change may have come along. i think it is one, but i'm not sure how good my chances are. for this i will need to change visa status asap, and also get back into the scrappy, uncomfortable mode of self promotion and job slutting.
i have an ideal scenario in mind - 3 days at present job, 2 days at the new opportunity. no idea if me going part-time is even something my company would allow. for them it may be all or nothing. no idea if the new opportunity will even be accessible to me. no idea if it will turn out as exciting as i'm imagining it to be. it may be very horrible, with horrible people (even more than the ones surrounding me now). but it may challenge me more to have to do all of this.
what an irony. having always looked forward to a stage when i would belong somewhere (london), have a regular source of more or less ok income (consulting), and a regular social life (3 nights out and 4 nights in per week), i find that this is unsustainable.

Comments

Popular Posts