various meaningless ditties

inky G!
can't you C?
we were always meant to B.


the sun will shine on wednesday, through 48% humidity, the weather website says.
i'll have the day off from work, cut the week in half
meet cholki and perhaps have the girlfriend forced on me
(though i hear she's lovely and normal and stuff)
i'll buy a book or two, and watch the river peacably a while, then see anne in the evening at a shakespeare recital
the sun will then shine again on thursday, and maybe a little less on friday

is life then a pleasant enough, simple enough, attainable enough, sheet
stretched before me, in which i'll be
satisfied enough, drunk enough, amused enough
or is there still a vortex hiding, a trip jinx,
which will make me breathless
which will make me swoon
which will give me stage fright and then at the end a deafening report will go off in the audience and the whole world will change

Comments

Popular Posts