happy anni to me

2 years. came to london, had a bag and a box, a big hope and a big fear. the bag's been abandoned in sheikh sarai now, but the box adorns an IKEA wardrobe in Fulham. it's taken two years to learn that things are always 'in between'... extremes don't happen. not much. nothing is as good, or as bad as you think them to be. good lesson i'd say.
the long haranguey workday was made somewhat better by an ask-outy (again, not outright, because boys are the new girls) text from the tam-bram, a sweet private hand touch from the scot and a gooey eyed look from the hot graduate with (a very english hyphenated name) that i am bossing over these days. left site at 8.10 pm and was contemplating a google talky evening with the mummy, when i realised it's 18th september and the Thames in London may not have forgotten it. so i went to find the river. got some unhealthy food from a takeaway at hammersmith broadway on my way out the tube, walked down the long straight road by the Distiller's Arms on Fulham Palace Road. And sat in the niche in the river bank parapet just in front of Richard Rogers' office. Bliss is sometimes pure. Had some thoughts about who I could possibly ever share my life with, my life with its craziness and quirks and little glories. not dire thoughts, just soft, lapping ones.

sigh.

inky ji, this post is for you.

Comments

Ink Spill said…
Maar sutteya kudiye!

The swayamvar seems to be coming along well, I see... And when the ferpect one arrives, you'll see the Thames and its bridges reflected even in the stinky sewage nallah and Bannerghatta Road running over it... :P

Who am I kidding! Lemme see when I can do London next! My vote's for the TamBram abhi, by the way...
Anonymous said…
Is your parents residence at skeikh sarai in Dalli ? Spooky if thats the case.. My parents are there too !

Like the honesty with which you write your blog.

Cheers,
K
neha vish said…
Awwww.
You and Inkyji remind me of a different time - when I was all new in London. I just finished two years a month or so back.

And now, I feel ancient. Suddenly.
And i just did a oneyearinLondon post. what fun.

Popular Posts