after moving day

Last night I went to sleep counting the stars. They twinkled through the leafy branches outside, quiet now against a deep blue London sky. The bedroom has a big window this time, pointed at greenery. I listened to the soft silence in the park behind the row of terraces. Once in a while, something on 4 (or eight) wheels would rumble by on the main street, but that's on the other side of the flat, public. It’s an airy apartment, all doors and windows. And a little patio on the quiet side where our helper army recuperated with beer and pizzas on a perfect summer Sunday afternoon.

4 years in hammersmith, and another move. I hope to be happy in this place for a while. Though a friend thinks I have gypsy blood in my veins, I hope to bide a wee this time, until the wind changes again.

Comments

Popular Posts